 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 667
Re: Lego SuperLiner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:37:12 GMT

"ben medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message
I've been seriously thinking about trying to acquire another Metroliner
and a club car...maybe not in the near future but maybe in a year or
2 to see if I can make a Amtrak Superliner...
I've seen some pic's on the internet ....

The superliners are by far the best train cars I've ever had the privlege of
riding in. And I'd even prefer them over VIA's LRC (from an interior and
comfort standpoint - aesthetically, absoltuely nothing on earth comes close
to the sight of an LRC streaking past at speed in the Canadian
countryside...). I took a Superliner from London to Chicago and back in
January. It was an 11 hour ride, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I'm not joking, the seats in each coach are spaced further appart than
ANYTHING I've ever seen. I could point my legs STRAIGHT OUT and STILL not
hit the seat in front of me. Absolutely phenominal legroom. I can't stress
this enough. There was just so much legroom. The best part was the price.

VIA: LRC, Express, Round Trip Toronto>Montreal and back: $134 CDN
Amtrak: Superliner, Round Trip London>Chicago and back: $109 CDN

Phenominal. I'm so going to SFGAm this summer.

I think for my set-up I'll have 2 engine cars (1 real engine, 1 Slug),
2 superlounge cars (2 club cars), 3 passenger cars, and 1 luggage car.
This has been going in my head since Saturday/Sunday.
I spent several hours looking at pics to see how Amtrak has there
trains....

Do you have enough pieces to do this?! Wow...!

Also, is it true or not but there is going to be a promotional train
for Amtrak made from Lego?  Is this reality or just a Lego Wet
dream???

Ben, if you're having wet dreams about Superliners... ;)

    Iain