 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6677
Re: How to Run a Double-Elimination Match
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:07:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug writes:
I was just telling Chris about some software I wrote to score our SUMO
matches for the Lafayette club.  It sort of combines the elimination with a
round robin.  It's hard to explain in 25 words or less, but it's been used
several times with much success.  It has made the scoring invisible.  But it
will need a little modification.

Well, bring it up and let's see.  It might be exactly what we need!

One question, when neither robot gets on the platform, is that a draw, or do
BOTH robots get 1 loss?

from the rule page:

Only one robot is on top of the pedestal: Winner gets 2 points, loser, 0.
Both robots are on the top of the pedestal: Each gets 1 point.
Both robots are on the floor (touching the playfield): Both get 0 points.

We've been using these for round robin.

But if we need decisive judging for elimination, that's a little bit
murkier.  Comments?

Calum