 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6674
Re: How to Run a Double-Elimination Match
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:52:20 GMT

I'M BACK!

I was just telling Chris about some software I wrote to score our SUMO
matches for the Lafayette club.  It sort of combines the elimination with a
round robin.  It's hard to explain in 25 words or less, but it's been used
several times with much success.  It has made the scoring invisible.  But it
will need a little modification.

One question, when neither robot gets on the platform, is that a draw, or do
BOTH robots get 1 loss?

Steve

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

Chris, I'm sure software exists, but we need to decide the format before
the software can tell us who plays whom.