 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6674
  Re: How to Run a Double-Elimination Match

I'M BACK! I was just telling Chris about some software I wrote to score our SUMO matches for the Lafayette club. It sort of combines the elimination with a round robin. It's hard to explain in 25 words or less, but it's been used several times with (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: How to Run a Double-Elimination Match

(...) Well, bring it up and let's see. It might be exactly what we need! (...) from the rule page: Only one robot is on top of the pedestal: Winner gets 2 points, loser, 0. Both robots are on the top of the pedestal: Each gets 1 point. Both robots (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: How to Run a Double-Elimination Match

(...) The big problem with the elimination is that in each match, one robot must win, and the other must lose. That doesn't fit with the rules for this event. This software will rank robots based on the points scored, and in the next round, put them (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: How to Run a Double-Elimination Match

(...) ya know.... I really thought I paid todd enough of a bribe to keep you off the list.... I guess I should have offered more. I'd still like to have a go at the software. I like the idea of everyone playing everyone... but if we can do it faster (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)