 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6671
Re: I broke my leg...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:03:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

OK, a few things.

I've never broken a leg; Rob, I'm sorry to hear about your misfotune.
What I dont fully understand is....

I never knew you built all your lego robots with your feet.  I guess a
cast on your lego would make it tough to build now.  bummer.

(sorry i could not resist)

second:

throw some half-fast thing together (which'll still look better and do
better than Chris's 'bot) and show up Sat.

Grr!!

Inspire me!

Inspire you .... my eye.  look, the game is comeing up in 4 days.  the
liabrary will be packed full of rugrats.  which reminds me i have to
call and see if they have stanchions... or some such.

This is inspiring???

Rugrats--Hmmm...

Nope--no inspiration there...

Even the banter in here from you and Bruce is falling a little flat...

I mean, I know someone outlawed 'anti-x' postings but there was some good
tauntage factors for that competition.

To take apart LOR to kick Chris's heinie, or to leave LOR together under the
pretense that someday I will get him walking...

Hmmmm......

also can any of you over opinionated genisus think of a better way we
can organize the games?

What's wrong with the way things are organized now?  I mean sure sometimes
we have 13 robots, and sometimes we have 5.  It's what happens.

I've been in, what, 6 or 7 of these events and have thoroughly enjoyed 'em.
The ones I didn't enter and showed up for I still enjoyed.  So enjoyment all
around.

I will saywhen I didn't have a 'bot and showed up, I actually got to visit
with people and check out the building techniques...  Don't usually get to
do that when I'm so busy revamping 'bot Runamok all the time, but that can't
be worked out and is something we just live with.

as oppsoed to me just randomly calling out names of guys to play against
each other.

Do the tree, or whatever you call it--when I used to play basketball with
many teams in a day-- can't remember the 'official name but you play off
head to head--loser is out, winner advances to next round (kinda like hockey
playoffs).

we might have a healthy turn out of robots and at 3 min each game we
minght not get to have everyone comete against everyone like we always
do.  any good (easy/free)  software that will organize a round of games
for us?

Chris

Dave K
-who appreciates the leadership of Chris, but inspiration--not so much ;)