 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 660
659  |  661
Subject:
Parallel Linkages for Iain's Robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 15:35:43 GMT

Heya,

As promised, I went home and built one of those 3-armed picker
robots like the one you brought in, Iain.  Haven't put a manipulator
on the end of the arm yet, but I did look into making stronger
linkages, and here's what I came up with:

It uses fewer pieces and it's a fair bit stronger.  Mine has rubber
bands going the length of the 12-long axles, wrapped around the 1/2-
wide butt of each of the 1/2 eye bushings, which keeps tension on
those bits.

Next:  The grabber :D

Jeff