 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 653
  Train 1 talks at Mel's

Hi Guys, During the dinner at Mel's we were discussing train layouts, and i had mentioned the club (GMLUG) who had built their layout 22 bricks above the table... here is the address for one of their shows. (URL) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1 talks at Mel's

(...) there's no way they BUILT GROUND OUT OF LEGO. But apparently they have :) I was thinking we could do a paper mache mountain if people really wanted some nonflat terrain...? chicken wire and newspaper. I have a paper shredder. Anyone? The (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1 talks at Mel's

(...) building their module 21 bricks high take an insame amount of bricks, you need about 7000 2x4 + 2x2 and 1x4 a total neer 15 000 bricks if my memory is good. On the other and it give an incredible look and permit you to build underground. need (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1 talks at Mel's

(...) GMLTC (...) shows under your belt and know you really really really want to as you will be consuming 3033 tubs at a prodigious rate. (as Martin says, somewhere around 15-20K bricks per module) Tabletop layouts are just fine for starters. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)