 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 658
Re: Train 1 talks at Mel's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:45:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes:
Hi Guys,

During the dinner at Mel's we were discussing train layouts, and i had
mentioned the club (GMLUG) who had built their layout 22 bricks above the
table... here is the address for one of their shows.

http://www.visi.com/~demlow/lego/nmra99/

That is positively insane.  I saw that back a few months ago, and I thought,
there's no way they BUILT GROUND OUT OF LEGO.  But apparently they have :)

I was thinking we could do a paper mache mountain if people really wanted
some nonflat terrain...? chicken wire and newspaper.  I have a paper
shredder.  Anyone?  The problem is it doesn't have enough weight to it, they
always seem too light.

Calum

building their module 21 bricks high take an insame amount of bricks, you need
about 7000 2x4 + 2x2 and 1x4 a total neer 15 000 bricks if my memory is good.
On the other and it give an incredible look and permit you to build
underground. need also a few month of planning and building.

I have a small bridge for my train that take the track 4 bricks high, will
bring it.

I migth also find time to do a small mountain with tunnel out of brick.

Martin

p.s. my rooling stock is mostly 8 wide.