 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 643
Re: In Theory...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 01:42:01 GMT

"ben medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message

I also like to go roller coasting...granted I wouldn't put it at the
top of my priority list...

:)

I think this weekend is also the opening of the closest amusement park
near me (at Fort Campbell) .... 6 Flags Kentucky Kingdom.... I'm still
debating whether or not I should go....it will probably be packed.

SFKK is never packed... :) We took a day-trip down there from PKI last year
around this time and we actually had to *wait* for enough people to board
the trains in some cases before a dispatch. "Quake", a Vekoma Waikiki Wave,
wouldn't run with less than 24 people. We spent about an HOUR standing there
in line, trying to convince the few people that were wandering past to come
and join us!

(We eventually did get about 24 people - and when we did, we loaded... got
about 1/10 of the way through the ride cycle, and it stalled at a 45 degree
angle. See http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/iainquakestuck.jpg for
visualization. And in this case,
http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/iaindrop.jpg , I was the only person on
their Intamin Giant Drop... and an employee had to ride with me! Aparently
single riders are frowned upon, because they think you might like... do
sometihng naughty. I have no idea. SFKK patrons are weird. :) )

I can't wait to get back home, and probably be going to 6 flags Darrien
Lake.  Have you been there??  It is in Niagara Falls, NY.
Quite possible the closest amusement park (to where I permanently live)

Yeah, SFDL is about 2h30 from me... I'd consider it a local park. Pretty
tiny... but SRoS is a friggin' AMAZING ride. It's on the top of a LOT of
people's top ten lists.

See: http://www.coasters2k.com/downloads/ for a video of Superman Ride of
Steel.

    Iain