 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6362
6361  |  6363
Subject:
Data Logging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:58:35 GMT

Clearly, Chris and Calum are easily impressed!

All I did was to use the RCX with a light sensor and a temp sensor to
determine when my hot water heater was in use and for how long. I programmed
the RCX to log the sensors once a minute for 24 hours.  Following that, I
uploaded the data to my pc and used Excel to graph it.  Very much like
watching the grass grow.

What did I learn?
1. The burner on my water heater is active for 7 minutes every 5-6 hours
when there is no demand for hot water.  (Chris owes me a dollar, and refuses
to pay...some kind of convoluted logic / reason...I tried, but, I can’t
figure it out...that’s probably a good thing)

2. Chris thinks my showers are too long.

3. Calum takes 13 minute baths

4. WE HAVE GOT TO FOCUS ON ROBOTS!!...much more of this and we’ll turn into
TRAIN guys.

Bruce