 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6072
Re: wood vs Lego Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:10:54 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

No, I think wood is easier to climb-it gives more traction for tires.  The
Lego boxes also deform, which the wood won't.

That of course is all depending on the mass of the robot.  :)

It also depends on the thickness of the wood.  6" thick oak?  Even the
latest Toys R Us shipment of Lego won't bend it... :)

That sounds like a fun rtlToronto contest:  rtlToronto15: Woodbending.

We take sheets of 1/8" ply (dunno where we'd get 1/8" ply but...) and run
all the contestants who build a robot to exert force against the ply.  Then
we add another sheet.  And run them again.  Eventually we find the winner
who can break the most sheets of ply.

Calum