 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5954
Re: WHere to buy used legos in Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 05:21:58 GMT

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 01:27:22 GMT, "Eric" <eric_128@mailasia.com> wrote:

Hi,

   I am trying to build up my old lego box for my son.  Any suggestion
where I could buy used Legos (Bulk and/or box set) in Toronto or Montreal?

Thanks to all..

Eric Jodoin
No, sorry, you can't have Toronto. I personally to the GTA garage sale
Lego years ago and my army of prospectors (OK one near-relative) has
been scouring the west/south ends while I've been handling the
north/east. The truth is, the peak for garage sale Lego happened about
four maybe five years ago, and, with the exception of last years
bonanza (76 models at one house - all 70's/80's era) it's been
downhill ever since. Used Lego seems pretty scarce these days (around
here anyway). Then again, there's that annoying woman out in Etobicoke
about three months ago who actually admitted to my face that she had
the Airport Shuttle (Monorail) and wouldn't sell it to me - I asked
because she was selling a few base plates, odd pieces and empty
buckets.  Talk about torture. I tried to explain to here that I had
twice found monorail expansion sets (without the monorail - why? WHY?!
does anyone by a monorail expansion set without a monorail? And twice
at that) but I don't have a monorail to run on it, but the
cold-hearted woman would not relent.

I can't speak for Lego Life in Montreal.

Matthias Jetleb