 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5923
5922  |  5924
Subject:
Things I think about
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:50:39 GMT

So Saturday night at midnight I'm siting in an injection moulding plant in
Elberton, the Granite Capital of the World.  Watching moulding machines make
8 parts every 10 seconds or so, tweaking our robots that yank them out.  And
I look at the whole system.  And what do I think?

"Wow, if we had done this rtlToronto style, I think Jeff Elliot would have
been the mould supplier because he does intricate things, Bruce or Dave
would have done the moulding machine (although Dave can't pick one solid
colour :-P) because it's this big giant thing that runs smoothly and is
overbuilt, Derek would have done our robotics, just cauze all his stuff is
acrobatic and stuff, I dunno... and I think without a doubt Rob would have
done all the assembly automation."

So I'm just like siting there thinking this.  Then I remembered how at a
washroom in a harvey's downtown across from Maple Leaf Gardens has "CLAP 4
BACON" scribed on the dryer, and I screamed.

    Iain