 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5599
Re: multiplexer at rtl12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:01:01 GMT

I have a quick rules question.

I'm not sure if I need it, but are sensor multiplexers allowed for rtl events?  (like touch sensor multiplexers?)

what do you mean by multiplexer?  some third party device that allows
you to hook up more than one sensor to one rcx port?   I am sorry to say
the answer is no.

BUT If you mean can you stack one light sensor and one touch sensor (or
any other combinations) on one sensor port than that is very much
allowed.  it is also indirectly encouraged because we like to see how
other people solve similar problems.

Also with the start of this game we no longer have a penalty for using
more than one RCX.   you could even use scout or other PBRICKS if you
have them.

I know there are other ways of doing this, but I just want to know what is, and what isn't allowed.

Steve

From the very first robot games that Calum, Jeff, and I put together we
have always gone the route of lego purity... not for some moral snob
reason; but just for availability. the first games were designed to
allow anyone with JUST a stock RIS to join and be able to compete.  we
have since expanded the rules to allow multiple RCXen and unlimited
bricks and motors...   but we draw the line at after market products.

some people get very creative but using VERY old lego (i.e. the big
gears) in very interesting way.

it forces creativity and hopefully can be useful for others as a way to
learn.

Chris