 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5597
Re: multiplexer at rtl12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:55:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug writes:
I have a quick rules question.

I'm not sure if I need it, but are sensor multiplexers allowed for rtl events?  (like touch sensor multiplexers?)

I know there are other ways of doing this, but I just want to know what is, and what isn't allowed.

No.  No non Lego pieces, and no modified Lego pieces.  The list of not
allowed includes:

-Modified pieces such as sensor multiplexer plates, things with resistors,
shaved parts, fun with Dremels etc.

-Anything by John Barnes (not to say we don't like John Barnes, we love
HiTechnic, it's just a matter of limiting the competition to Lego)

-Lubrication of components.  (Phew, Iain is away on vacation.)

-Gluing of components.

Some of the things we do allow:

-RCX2.0 custom 9V power harness because 1.0 bricks are hard to find these
days.  These are for stationary games (like ProjectX) which don't move.  AC
is not allowed for rtl12.

-Rubber bands/string.  Lego originals are preferred, but the general rule of
thumb is that if it's indistinguishable from a Lego original, it's fine.  No
one should see this as a reason to show up with a fan belt from their Ford,
for example.

-Twist ties to manage cables.  But not for any load bearing, fastening, or
tensioning application.

The general rule is to use common sense.  If it'll make anyone go
"Well...hrm" then it's safer to not use it.

Calum