 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5543
5542  |  5544
Subject:
talking RCX....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:23:41 GMT

do you remember how we all (ok me and Iain) talked about trying to get
the RCX to play music with some ad hock midi-rcx converter thing???

well, ok maybe you don't....

look, I just found this super cool web page, and if you drill down deep
enough you get to here:

http://www.artilect.co.uk/lego/default.asp?page=Speech

keep drilling and there is a link to a small zipped file.... called
speak.zip

1.un zip it,

2.it is "firmware" for the rcx.

3. upload this new "firmware" to the rcx (i used Brickcc)

4. press the green play button

5. listen for your rcx to actually speak the letters

it is SO COOL!!!!

what are you waiting for....once you reinstall proper firmware, go back
to working on your blockstacker... cause Ka On has one he is building
that stacks 8 high and uses no electricity.

Chris