 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5501
5500  |  5502
Subject:
paypal in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:06:55 GMT

Hey gang...  I'm cross posting this to .CA just so you RTL guys know.

I was thinking about joining pay pal.....

I want to offer a service online (nothing lego related)

I was thinking about joining paypal to accept funds.....

Have any of you joined pay pal??  what are the fee's?  REALLY?

for example:

I join Paypal and open an account.

Calum wants to send me $50

Do I get the $50 or do I get 50 minus 3% plus GST Plus.....

leaving me with

$48.42 in my "account"

THEN what happens if I want to actually get REAL dollars?

Do I take that $48.42 in an account and transfer it to (??) at which
point they ding me for $3 transfer fee, and GST and a percentage of
that???

Thus leaving me with $42.23  REAL dollars that I could spend at Zellers

I've been to the web page of paypal, but the fee structure is poorly
laid out and they use terms that are not defined for someone who has not
used the service.

Any help is appreciated

Chris