 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5502
Re: paypal in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:35:42 GMT

I have two friends that have used PayPal.  One has had no problems, the
other has had nothing but problems.

I know there are currently some class action suits file against them in
the states because they are unfairly restricting access to peoples money.

This is the problem my one friend had.  It took 6 months or more to get
his money out of their system because they arbitrarily decided this
credit card was invalid and wouldn't reactivate it.  This wasn't 6
months of waiting around this was 6 months of daily emails trying to get
the problem solved and talking to nothing but dumber and dumber people.

I know this because I sit by the guy at work and I got to sit in on the
daily rants.

So my feeling is I'll never touch PayPal, however I don't really need it
either.  I don't know of a better option.  It does fill a nice whole in
credit card transactions where you'd like to have the option available
for your customers, but don't do enough business to warrant a direct
account with the credit card companies.

Anyway, that's my indirect experience with PayPal.

Derek