 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5044
  Re: Train? Thoughts sqrt(2) - Fuel the Insanity

(...) I see a solution to this: Where do we see unpowered trains on hills? Iain and others, this should be obvious to you. Now, the solution I see, is to let the coaster experts get together and figure out a braking system for this section of track. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train? Thoughts sqrt(2) - Fuel the Insanity

(...) So, you're suggesting installing a track trim brake all the way down the shallow drop? Wow, almost sounds exactly like the Beast at Kings Island. ;) (URL) second drop on the Beast, the world's longest wooden roller coaster, is angled at 18 (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train? Thoughts sqrt(2) - Fuel the Insanity

(...) THAT tunnel is where the Beast bit me. Only coaster ever to bite me and I tend to hold my hands out really as high as I possibly can. Hence I love the Beast even if it does have way too many brakes. I have a new respect for Shivering Timbers (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train? Thoughts sqrt(2) - Fuel the Insanity

(...) Hey! I told you I hate that story! You're making my fingers hurt again... Dave! (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)