 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5044
Re: Train? Thoughts sqrt(2) - Fuel the Insanity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:52:34 GMT

Jeff Elliott wrote:

I think the run would be pretty short without human intervention - if the
speed regulator is set high enough to drive the train up the hill, it's
going to *careen* back down on the return trip, and depart controlled flight
around where the track slopes & turns.  Perhaps we can convince a mindstorms
to regulate it, or maybe we can insulate the track and gang 3 speed regs to
it - one in Altenburg, one up, one down, and set each appropriately.  But
from my experience with slopes & train, a speed setting of "off" can run out
of control with the wrong train...

I see a solution to this:

Where do we see unpowered trains on hills? Iain and others, this should
be obvious to you.

Now, the solution I see, is to let the coaster experts get together and
figure out a braking system for this section of track.

But this is just the opinion of one bot-head, who almost certainly isn't
coming to Train3.

Trevyn.