 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4890
Re: Bricks Without Holes On The Side
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:23:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ivan Louch writes:
(Pirates.  Pfft.  Whatever :)

Number 1 rated set on BrickSet? 6285 Black Seas Barracuda. The two most
wanted sets on BrickLink? 6285* and 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner. Don't see any
'bogie plates' in those two! :))

One really easy way to get
around this though, is to find a cheap 4561.  It has a lot of the stuff
you're looking for, like the motor, track, speed reg, magnets, buffers,
wheelsets etc.
Sears Clearance had them from time to time-I know Dave may have had some
success finding them off the Sears.ca website for like $90.

It does seem like a nice starter set. It is definitely worth buying *if*
it's on sale. Unfortunately I don't usually have much luck with "being in
the right place at the right time", mainly due to a lack of a vehicle to
shuttle me between Toronto, Cookstown, and Brampton.

So pretty much the offer still stands -
http://darkivn.tripod.com/reqrdlist.txt
Plz let me know if anyone is willing to sell any of those pieces, just so I
can figure out what's left to be ordered through BrickLink. If you feel the
price isn't fair I can sure budge a bit ;)) Also there is no rush on
"delivery" - if you can bring them to the next dinner that's all I'm asking.

Ivan

*One can sure get a lot of trains for the price of a single MISB 6285 (not
to say I have one)

Interesting discussion...BTW, I think there are a more than a few of us that
have pirates.

I think both Jeffs have pirate stuff, Iain (I believe) has a couple
pirate sets, and I have a bunch of pirate sets:

Caribean Clipper (sh), Imperial Trading Post (sh), King Kuaka, Harbor
Sentry(*), Sabre Island (*), Armada Flagship (s), Perilous Pitfall,Imperial
Outpost,
King Kuaka's Throne.

* - got these before my darkage
s - still sealed in box
sh - shooting cannons; european sets

Hopefully with Lego releasing the Black Seas Barracuda in Legend form,
I might get one of those, and another Imperial Trading Post.  I want to have
a "Platoon Sized" group of red Imperials.....

Platoon = approx. 30 to 40 men

As far as trains, a 4561 is a definite way to go, along with 3 or 4 packs
of straight track.  A metroliner (10001 is ok) would also be decent especially
coupled with a club car... (hint: K10001) :)

If you want to be hard-core....then you might think about trying to acquire
the 4564 Freight Rail Runner or the 4565 Freight and Crane Railway.

The 4555 Freight Station is also a nice addition, along with a 4554 - if you
like a yellow station. (2150 has really nasty looking figures....)

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting a 4554 for the figures and the important
elements, and then revamp the station in red, and slightly expand it.

As far as your parts element want list.  I'll see what I have, and see what
I'm willing to part with.

Ben