 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4880
4879  |  4881
Subject:
Bricks Without Holes On The Side
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:23:19 GMT

It might be the decaf coffee I've been drinking lately or that sip from the
"Y-can" I had at the Pepsi-Challenge, but I'm slowly getting into System
stuff. See I haven't always been a technic freak, as a matter of fact I
started out with an all System collection (mostly Pirates and a bit of
Town). Then after tragically loosing the *entire* collection in mid-90s I
went into the Dark Ages, until just recently when I bough my first Lego set
in 6 years - the RiS. But the old habits die hard and I feel like giving the
"bricks without holes on the side" another go. Now it doesn't really make a
lot of sense to try to resurrect my Pirates, as there isn't much interest in
the group in that series, so the logical thing for me to try out first
is.......(hold pause for greater suspense)...trains. (c'mon you must've seen
this one coming, and yes, train3 had something to do with this)

Unfortunately I'm financially incapable to go out and buy half-a-dozen train
sets to get enough pieces to create something remotely original. So what
I've done instead is made a rough model in MLCad and generated a parts list.
Now normally I would be all over BrickLink placing orders, but as it turns
out there isn't a single store that offers even a quarter of the items I
need. It will probably take about 7-10 different orders (half of them
international) to cover all the parts and that's a fortune in shipping
costs.

So here is what I've been trying to get to for the past half-hour: Are any
of you guys willing to sell me some train parts as well as a bunch of basic
bricks and plates? Here is the list of the stuff I need -
http://darkivn.tripod.com/reqrdlist.txt - complete with quantities, colors,
as well as standard BrickLink prices (in US$). Also not listed is a speed
regulator, those train power cables, as well as some track. And I mean, the
stuff doesn't have to be "mint and sealed" - anything what's not faded and
chewed up beyond the point of recognition should be good.

Please let me know (this LUG or ivn@idirect.ca) if anyone can spear some ABS
for my growing collection, any little help is appreciated. And hey - you
never know, I might just end up bringing a module to a train show or
something! :))

Ivan