 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4695
Re: Questions, questions....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:27:31 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message

If my 'bot picks up the flag completely off the table first, but then • drops
it back on the table 2 seconds later, is that good 'nuff?

I think it should be! If everyone agreed "first person to lift the flag so
it is no longer touching the table" defines a win, then that falls within
that.

What if my grabbing mechanism accidentally takes the top half bushing and
pulley off the axle and the axle/tire falls back on to the table?  What
happens, besides chaos and entrophy?

Entropy.  :)  I don't know! I build a cartesian robot for puting together
rtl11 flags?

Can we orient our robots however we like at the beginning of hte
competition?  Can I point my 'bot right at the flag and press 'go'?

I think so as well. 18" square, 12" cubed robot. Place robot at any position
in square and press run.

BTW, now I'm pretty confident I can name this tune with 1 RCX.  Took a • while
to figure out the logistics, and I haven't even put a piece together yet,
but I have drawn up lotsa plans and I still have my Runamok Tire setup
(stolen from Iain from Sumo Guelph) which, I'm sure, will make an • appearance
on this latest 'bot :)

Pttb :)

    Iain