 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4544
4543  |  4545
Subject:
Lego Childhood Memories...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 05:36:47 GMT

Hey folks,

Well, I was thinking about Lego today and dug up some old photos:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/lego-memories-index.html

These were from age 4 to about 10, and unfortunately most of my more
creative stuff was done from age 9 to about...12.  From 12 onwards I went to
an ew school and kids there didn't play with Lego, they spouted
pseudointellectual liberal arts dissent, so I gave up on Lego after Grade 6.

Anyways, enjoy them, they're quite funny.  As an adult, you tend to
romanticize about things in your past-I recently watched some episode of
Robotech and other similar cartoons and realized just how BAD they were,
though every memory of them made them so much cooler than they actually in
reality were.  Well, I didn't realize just how badly I built Lego back then.

There's also a photo of me in front of an LRC engine which is pretty neat-it
was taken on the public inspection day of the new LRC system.

Calum