 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4381
    Re: Sumo-Train Competition —Frank Filz
   (...) One problem with a parallel double loop is that with only one curve radius, you don't get a real "parallel" curve. (...) A double figure 8 would easily get an "even" fight. You then start each train on the outside track of one of the lobes. I (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Sumo-Train Competition —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) True, but that's a problem for the crane arm designer to take into account. Done properly it may actually be something to take advantage of! (...) Do you mean the kind that has 4 crossings? I'm thinking you could do it with just one crossing (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Sumo-Train Competition —Trevyn Watson
   All right, I'm piping up. It sounds like a great idea, and a good excuse for me to get some train parts. I'm not clear on what Ben meant about the track configuration though. I was thinking that it could have two tracks in parallel, and they could (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Sumo-Train Competition —Benjamin Medinets
   (...) That's what I was thinking in the original "spirit of the game". (...) The track (I think) is electricly isolated from each end...if there was a electrical connection, then the track would short out due to polarity. What about a switch? I (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Sumo-Train Competition —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Well, yes, true. You're envisioning the train motor being directly controlled by the onboard RCX. Takes lots of batteries (which is a standard way to do things) However one interesting twist would be to have the train motor be UNCONTROLLED, (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Sumo-Train Competition —Mark Williams
   (...) An RCX isn't needed to control track power. Use the standard Lego controller to set the speed. The onboard RCX controls a relay that is in between the power pick-ups and the motor. This would require a modification to the motor, though. But (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)