 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4222
  Re: Train Storage Carousel

(...) can see). ROSCO (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train Storage Carousel

(...) I don't think they stay oriented either. They have to drop out straight as the ALCMs have expanding winglets that fold out and their flight path isn't a drop, it flies forward after clearing the bottom of the plane. IIRC the pylon launcher on (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train Storage Carousel

(...) Unless you find some sort of 'prototype' of train storage like that, I'd say "Who says the train cars need to remain 'upright'?" As long as the bogies are snapped in and sliding doors on boxcars won't fall off, use internal magnets or clamps (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train Storage Carousel

(...) Of course, you don't necessaily have to *actively* keep them upright - if you suspend the tracks from a reasonable height, gravity will do the work for you. This will limit the CoG of your rolling stock, but you should be able to get it (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)