 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4210
Re: Robot circus Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:38:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dan O'Connell writes:
Nice to meet with some of you last Friday. Too bad we had
to rush away just when things looked like they were really
getting started.

I'm sorry I missed it! I just looked at the TSME site, and am very
impressed. I can't fathom how someone could possibly have the resources,
knowledge, skill, and time to make things like turret lathes, violins, and
engines from scratch. You guys are true artisans. We are just punk kids that
throw some plastic parts together once in a while. That being said, there
are merits to Lego, though. You can always take it apart and build something
else. Its incredibly versatile for prototyping. Maybe rtToronto could pay a
visit to a TSME meting! We could bring our best robots and give a little
show and tell. So, what do you think guys? Do we have anything worthy enough
to show?

Rob