 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4016
Re: additional finds at Walmart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:51:03 GMT

Under $100.00? by how much?
I believe I paid $98.99 for mine.
(This was durin’ the pre-Christmas madness,
and I thought the deal was really killer then!)

I'm pretty sure this is what the price was...
even so...still beats out Lego Shop@Home and WELL below the average
going price of the set on EBAY.  At least I know there are people more
crazy, (or more die-hard) than I.  :)

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mdata.cgi?q=1352_1&v=n
Bank Explosion Studio Set, marked down to $30 CDN,

A good set, but still a bit much for $29.99
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mdata.cgi?q=1376_1&v=n

I don't know if I quite agree with that....sure the set is "simple"
but there are a whole bunch of rare yellow tiles, and a couple of neat
springs, plus, there are those 4 (dark) grey town windows and 1 (dark)
grey door.
If I find another one at or below $30, I'm probably going to look at aquiring
it....so I have enough of the windows to build something nice.

I'm more inclined to get the Spider-Man Studio set.
For the same retail price you get fewer elements, but it’s
the only way to get a minifig Spider-Man as far as I know?
If I could get him in a smaller set I'd be cheery!!!

I don't know....sure Spider man is very cool, but I just don't like the
elements included in the set.  I thought Town Junior was bad, but including
JackStone Elements in it, to me REALLY SUCKS.  The only other redeaming value
to the set, besides ol' Spidey himself, is the fairly decent police car
elements.  The design of the car isn't that good, but who says you got to
stick with that design... :)

Oh, and one last thing…
Has anyone see any 4806  Axe Cart’s around?
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4806
I still require ten (10) of them to complete a project.
They’ve become quite scarce as of late.     :(

Hmmmm....I'll look around....try Brick Link.

PartsPlus Shop (in Canada) has 9 of them for $2.81 each.  Bricks4you.com (in
Denmark) has 78 available at 1.95 each, but you'd have to find something
else, as the shop has a $20 minimum order.  Of course, these are US prices.
And you also have to factor in shipping...which in a lot of cases is
a big question mark.

P.S. Thanks Ben for the chronicles you sent me,
I'll be sure to read through it soon!

Please send it back to me in its entirety, (feel free to comment on it
either on a line by line basis, or a summary at the bottom), because I
wrote it all out, and forgot to save it on my computer.... (:-)-<--[

Ben