 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3969
Re: How many people are brining bots?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:24:20 GMT

I'll definitely try to make it by 6.

I'll bring one very evil 'tank' steer player that is inspired by 3
back-to-back BattleBots episodes. Featuring half-a-dozen battery boxes on a
pneumatic driven "kicker". Generating up to 20 kg of downward force at
speeds exceeding highway speed limits! Bringing the meaning of "plastic
dust" to a whole new level!

A bit of psychological warfare :)) I'm j/k of course. Although this does
bring up some good questions - is it against the rules to deliberately use
your kicker (given it doesn't have 6 battery boxes mounted on it) on the
other team's bots in order to kick the ball out of their 'hands'? Is it
allowed to grab, hook onto, or immobilize/slow down a bot in any other way?
I guess it all depends on the mechanism, and the amount of damage it might
cause, but in my opinion something that is not aimed at deliberately
annihilating a bot (i.e. grabber, low power kicker) should be tolerated.

Generally speaking I'm all for a bit of 'dirty strategies', and I believe it
will make the game so much more fun. Well there is only one way to find
out - see 'ya all at 6.

Ivan