 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3964
Re: How many people are brining bots?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:22:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes:
I'm just curious as to how many people are bringing bots.....

I have built one, since I only have the one RCX....

Here's who I know is coming:

Greg Hyland, Chris Magno (might be late), Iain Hendry, Derek.

I figure more will show up anyways.  I have the playfield walls in my cube
here and am decorating them with MIE department logos right now.

Calum

I definitely plan on showing up....with 2 bots (who will plan on demonstrating
the incredible synchronized dancing soccer bots...) :)
I will also bring 2 IR devices (from RIS 1.0 @ 1.5)
and possibly the Sante Fe train, if it has arrived in the mail.

OT: but I won an e-bay auction for a shell tanker...I probably paid too much
(won't disclose Final Bid Price) but the seller / "supplier" was interested
some of the stuff I was doing...so I gave him all the links to my stuff,
and he was really impressed...

here is a portion of his letter:

Hi Benjamin

The clock in the city hall was your idea wasn't it? It
has me bidding on LEGO clocks for my kids now!
Also I had tried to incorporate my voltage regulator
into the base of a building but was not thrilled with
how it turned out. NOW tht I saw your city hall I am
thinking that I will put it into the roof of the train station!
It probably has been done before but I'd like to think
I came up with the idea. The great thing is - think how
many black roof bricks I will save by making the voltage
regulator part of the roof!

Take care,
Greg

I think it is very funny that he is looking for clocks for his kids
because of me....I am glad that someone else appreciates my creations
in ABS....not that I don't have fun, or possitive feedback from the
local group....

Also,  I won an auction today for a HP photosmart digital camera.  I know
it doesn't even come close to compare with a Canon Sure Shot....
camera of choice of RTL Toronto..... I also won't disclose what the final
bid price on it was, but it wasn't a bad deal....

Ben