 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3954
Re: Duck factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:53:33 GMT

"Derek Raycraft" <derek.raycraft@sitraka.com> wrote in message

I can see this being a bit of a problem. :-)  I'm not going to get a • soccer
robot together by Friday. :-(  I just don't have the time, and all my RCXs • are
setup for Lejos and I've never used NQC and I don't have enough time to • even
figure out how to download a default soccer program even if I did manage • to
build a simple player or two.

I just ran mine on the desk for the first time. I'm REALLY pushing the size
restrictions, I've got about 2 mm clearance on the sides, and about 10 mm on
the ends. Height isn't bad.

I have no ability to kick. I think I'll end up playing goalie. :)

If this were an actual contest, I'm guessing you wouldn't be allowed
parallel assembly.

Why?

I'm thinking if you get a mechanism that builds ducks, then you could • duplicate
that mechanism and run them side by side and double your speed.  Then it • would
just be a contest to see who has the most Lego build robots with because • you
could just keep duplicating your mechanism.

Oh, duh. Sorry. I was thinking that by "parallel assembly", you meant
performing more than one assembly task at any given instance. That would
have eliminated the choice to use a carousel automation (like I was doing).
Yeah, I totally see your point - it's hard to regulate that. Maybe a
restriction on number of RCX's is the only way to do that. :-/

(granted, people can just gang RCX outputs together - which is how I drove
the robots on the Duck Assembly Carousel. 2 robots built (intended 3) ran
off of the same pair of RCX ports. Worked like a charm.)

But its not a contest, so I'm thinking if I do get my self going on • building a
duck factory, I'll make it look cool more the build fast. :-)  Maybe we • could
have a duck economy for Train4.

*Absolutely*!

Don't talk to me about Execulink.  My parents are using them in London.
What a

Don't get me *STARTED* On Execulink. :)

Oh, joy. Pregnatica* has just fallen to the floor.

    Iain

* - working name. needs refinement.