 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 394
Re: My plea to save the stackers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:23:16 GMT

if I am the only one who wants to do stacking again, I
guess I will have to give it up... :(

oh Rob......

don't be sad.  I really liked your robot.  The way it lifted blocks with
the ratchet type system (i think) was marvelous.

But its time to move on.  The next game will be just at mechanically
challenging.  and because its NEW you get to discover and solve new
problems all over again. isn't that the reason why we do this???

I feel your pain.  i had a nice stacker that would almost always stack 4
in my basement.......  But We're all pretty good at building a stacker.
for me the challenge is gone.  any more stackers would just be
improvements on a wheeled gatherer and a raising platform.  clearly this
idea has merit.

My games  idea still kind-a holds water.

I think we will definitely try to book 2 rooms (maybe 3)  of the
library. then if someone wanted to take up the cause and plan a stacker
game to run parallel with whatever we finally decide on... then that's
ok.

All this is superseded by the idea that we are a group and by whatever
we all decide.

Chris
Lego Walker now @
www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm