 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3824
  I am an idiot

There's a reason why I'm dangerous with Solaris, and that's because I'm too used to Windows NT. Today I was doing a df -k on Peachy and noticed my data disk was at 99-100% capacity. Knowing that filesystems don't perform well over 40% capacity, this (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I am an idiot

(...) Aaaargh!!! I hate that! 'Specially on machines that aren't backed up! But remember, chmod a-w is your friend (along with alias rm 'rm -i', but I prefer the former)! ROSCO (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I am an idiot

(...) Well, we're backed up over NFS to a DLT autoloader, so it's somewhere in the department archives, but I feel kinda stupid asking them to restore Lego photos versus say, computational fluid dynamics, finite element analysis or any of the other (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)