 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3493
    Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity? —Chris Magno
   (...) i disagree!! sorry, this is a bit of a sore point. the smallest 78xx series i ever found was a 05. I really wanted a 7803 to try to play with some small pneumatic solenoids but none existed. electronsonic has 2 3vdc regulators NONE in stock. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity? —Oliver Giesen
     G'Day True enough, never could find a 7x03 either, usually just dumped the output thru a couple or three diodes, or a light bulb until 3v came out. Cheers Oliver Also never discount a car headlight as a high wattage resistor in low voltage (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity? —Chris Magno
     (...) truth be told it was during my experimenting with some VERY small pneumatic solenoids that came from here: (URL) was offered a sample so i was given 2 3vdc 3 Way 2 Position and as we all know to duplicate a lego pneumatic switch you need a 4 (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity? —Matthias Jetleb
     (...) Don't you just LOVE Electrosonic? You should have checked out Sayal Electronics while you were there. (S/E corner of the Victoria Park and Gordon Baker Rd.) The are also a good source for parts in the area. You could have just used a 7805 with (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity? —Trevyn Watson
   Hmm. I'm reasonably sure I saw one at my local Active store, but I could be wrong. Ill check next time i'm there and tell you if i find any. On the Future Active web site: (URL) a part is available from Future Active, I think that means it's (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity? —Matthias Jetleb
   Active Components is *NOT* the same as Active Surplus. Matthias Jetleb (22 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)