 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3354
3353  |  3355
Subject:
rtlToronto/train3 Show a steaming success
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 05:09:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ivan Louch writes:
I would like to congratulate and thank everyone who participated, and
especially those who organized Train3, for a very interesting and thought
out event! What else but a masterfully created layout would it take to have
a purely Technic/Mindstorms guy happily play with trains and minifigs for
couple of hours? I'm very impressed by the quality (and quantity) of
presented models and structures, so don't be surprised if I bring an engine
or two to the next rtlTrain :))

Looks like our 'Train' is picking up steam (excuse the pun) - I'm amazed
that an on-site reporter from a local Mississauga TV Channel showed up
specially for our event to tape footage and interviews! Calum, do you know
when and where it's going to be aired?

Kudos guys, kudos!

Ivan,

Yeah you looked like you were having great fun playing with the track
controllers.... :)

I am glad you came out, and enjoyed yourself.

Maybe if DCC ever gets fully implemented, maybe you could be the guy
controlling the speed of the trains... :)

I was very surprised with the camera crew coming in....Calum said he
talked to them and all, but....WOW!!!  That was cool!!

ok Iain couldn't come, but at least there is some good footage, A LA
the camera crew....so there'll probably be a Train 3 video.... HOOORAY!!!