 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3282
3281  |  3283
Subject:
venting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:41:11 GMT

K, i really was going to leave this alone...

/rant on

But now I notice (I'm not that LUGNet savvy, see, only subscribing to
rtlTotonto and sometimes check out what's doin' in Trains...) that the
progression of events thus far...

Iain says something off colour to this newsgroup and one other (I think)
cause he was replying about anagrams, wal-mart, evil and whatever...
irrelevant, the point is he sends it to two "obscure" groups ;) and someone
takes offense and cross posts it to the General group and admin group and
whatever, so a whole bunch more busybodies, who really didn't have to know
about the little faux pas in the first place now know, and *then* everybody
can see what was wrong and people go ape wild about what's right for kids to
read and freedom of speech and whatever...

Hey kids!!

Grow up!  Get some thicker skin!!  If someone does something *maliciously*
then do something--if someone, who I, as well as the rest of rtlToronto and
others out there, *know* to be a great person, who does so much *work* like
videos and such that you all love and admire and *want*, does something
slightly and unintentionally off, then casually say, 'Well, so and so, maybe
that wasn't too hot an idea.' and leave it at that! (which is what we did,
taking care of our own 'cause we know 'em and love 'em)

Holy dwelling on small pictures Batman!

It's like you drivers who b*tch about how bad the traffic is and then pull
up and slam on the brakes so you can rubberneck to check out what's up at
the scene of an accident--Newsflash--*YOU* *AIN'T* *HELPING!!!!***

The best way I know of doing something like this is as an *aside*, *Psst*
bud, your fly's down.  Just you, just him and no one else needs to know.
You bring it up in public, "Hey You dork-boy, your zippers down!!"  Now what
good would that do for anybody, including you, the yappy person who said it?
Nothing--all it does is embarrass the person to the point where he (or she)
might leave the group, and the dislike grows towards you, and *you* lose
what was otherwise a good supporter of the community and causes problems for
the rest of us, because *you* didn't keep your whiny mouth shut.

So zip up, shut up, and just, for crying out loud, grow up.

/rant off

Whew, that felt good.

Understand that the above rant was brought to you by many years of
frustration with Political Correctness, Big Brotherness, and a general sense
that i'm sick of having to watch *every* *single* *word* that I say or write
because someone, somewhere *might* get offended, not from what *my* intent
was, but by how he or she perceived it.

Enuf

Dave