 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 304
Re: ddk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:48:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
So does this whet anyones appetite? I really would like to finish this robot,
but likely won't have time apart from school work. It just might be
possible with the help of some other technic heads to develop some of
the components... Anyway, let me know what you think,

Rob

Oooohhh, sounds great!
Not owning any pneumatics makes this a tad difficult for me but I love the
sounds of it.
I went on the same ideas-8 block towers and lots of 'em.
I also wanted a stacker that was basically automated, i.e. no computer
control on most of the functions like grabbing and stacking.  This was to
get away from using up ports on the RCX to do things.
I have 65 percent of the robot complete, and about 35 not even started.
Took a totally modular approach this time--the bot is divided into sections
and can be broken down to it's compnent parts by pulling out a few axles and
friction pins.  Hence the 65/35 split.  The gatherer/grabber/lifter/left
drive/right drive modules are done.  The remaining parts--the holder/release
mechanism, well, don't know exactly what i want it to do.
Compounding is the moving this weekend.  My LEGO is all packed up into taped
up boxes (ugggh).  I was inspired last night but could do nothing 'cause
they's all packed up!
By Sunday, though, I can guarantee that my new livingroom will be wall to
wall LEGO and since it's my own apartment, I don't have to clean it up
before I go to bed!  That's going to make me oh so verrrry happy.
God bless and stay safe.
Dave