 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2988
Re: Cubicle Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:43:44 GMT

That's awesome.  I love the way you laid the track right over the papers on your
desk.  It would be a lot of fun to have a train you could run around your desk
whenever you needed to brighten your day.

I've tried to setup a running train in my cube, but there just isn't the space.
The problem is I can't get a fully supported 180+ degree turn sit any where.  I
have setup a straight section of track on my self to display cars on, but its not
the same as actually being able to run them.

Derek

Calum Tsang wrote:

Hey folks,

So it's holiday time and of course, everyone who's cool at the office (okay,
maybe not cool) is decorating their cubicles, us unfortunate office dwellers.

The manager down the hall has a tree up in her cubicle, the Documentation
folks have decorations year round with paper streamers, etc.  So I decided
to build a small Lego train layout at my desk for the holiday season:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/cubetrain.jpg

It was a bit of a pain to route all the track over and under cables and we
had a lot of fun figuring out electrical isolation.  Without extra power tap
cables, we couldn't build the single track dogbone I wanted, but close
enough, it's kinda cool to have a train drive across in front of your
monitor anyways.

Calum