 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2921
2920  |  2922
Subject:
Talk about Acceleration...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:36:38 GMT

"Dodonpa" at Fujiku Highland (Fuji-Q) has been on the news a bit - it's set
for it's December 21 opening. It's the world's fastest coaster, 172 km/h.
And get this:

It accelerates to that speed, via a pneumatic launch system, in *two*
*seconds*.

Zero. One. Two.

Just like that. FOOM.

http://www.dodonpa.net/images/dodonpa_l.mpg

*CRAP.*

Also please note it rides on pneumatic tyres for super smoothityness. Just
gorgeous.

    Iain "who needs linear induction?" Hendry