 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2929
Re: Talk about Acceleration...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 05:23:05 GMT

"Jeff Van Winden" <Jeff.vanwinden@emergis.com> wrote in message

Next year is kinda gonna be a dud year, methinkis... "X" is still not • open
http://www.twistedrails.com/sfmm2k1/dec01.shtml - anyone with an • interest
in mechanics should definately take a look at those trains, see if you • can
see what makes them special :) )...

This is the ride that the seats are placed on either end of the track, on • a
seperate axis. At specific times during the ride the seats can spin around • a
full 360 degrees, or hang upside down, even though the train is on a flat
peice of track.... (It appears that they are going to do this via a gear
rack? (you know the 1 x 4 LEGO plate with teeth on it) and mesh this with • a
gear...

Then again I could be completely wrong...

But you're bang-on :) X is going to be amazing when it opens. They showed
video of the solid model/animation of the ride at NCC about a year ago.
Imagine a room full of about 400 coaster enthusiasts, all going "OH!!!!!
AHHH!" at every insane twist and turn on the layout of this thing.

It's gonna be greaaaaaaat :)

    Iain