 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2904
Re: Vestas 80
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 21:06:53 GMT

Wow...! How did you get just 15 metres away from it? Is it open to the
public? Is there a road near it? From the pictures I've seen, it looks • very
close to the vacuum buildings...

If I were to drive over there, how close can I get to see it?

    Well there is a waterfront walkway that stretches from the Marina to the
western edge of the nuclear power plant.
    Next to the plant is the windmill. There is a fence around it adn a sign
that shows a component view of the interior etc.
    The walkway continues north-east but I didn't follow as it would take us
away from my car. However we did walk the path a bit to hear the windmill in
action. Wow, you can hear each indidvidual blade as the stem of the 'mill
blocks their pass. Noise polution to the extreme. You wouldn't think it
would make that much noise but wow. Imagine a massive Whoosh everytime a
blade passes the stem.
    In PEI, there weren't any fences around the mills. In fact we scared a
kid who was playing near one of the eight mlls. He was frightened because
the windmill he was playing near was open, and he disappeared inside it.
That particular windmill was not in operation at the time.

    //James