 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2730
  Re: Is it wrong?

(...) I think it all boils down to what you are trying to achieve with the model. If you feel like "cheating" and use non-lego items on it, that is fine...you are the maker.... just don't tell the kiddies looking at it, "that with enough bricks, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong?

I would suggest making a hinged roof and propping it up to show viewers. Just laying a sheet of mylar or glass across the top doesn't add much visually and has exactly the same effect as either no roof at all or a propped one. I would definately (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong?

(...) Well, I looked into a piece of curved plexi at a ~50 cm radius and it's apparently very hard to do, beyond basic plexi bending. So I suspect I'll build it without, sort of like Derek's Imperial Shuttle. Calum (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)