 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2559
2558  |  2560
Subject:
R10 Plates or bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 02:24:59 GMT

HEY Gang.

Off line i have been getting a lot of grief from Calum about the height
of the cell walls for the next Robot Game.

The blocks for the game are 3x3 by 2 bricks high
we know the size of the grid.  the last issue that Calum wants solved is
this:

Should the cell walls of the game board be made of plates or bricks.

I say the cell walls should be Black Plates. with a Plate, there is a
lot of room to lower a gripper and grab a block.    The down side is
that not everyone might have enuff black plates.

Calum thinks the walls should be bricks.  His main point is that Bricks
are easier to get.  As well, Calum feels plates are harder to come by.

So to finally put this to rest.   I need to ask the group to cast a
deciding vote.   Really of the people who will most likely enter a
robot  and have to build the darn game board.    do you have enuff
Plates to make the board.

it is that simple.  if more people who are going to enter a robot feel
they can't get plates then we will go with bricks.   BUT if more robot
builders have sufficient plates.......

PLEASE cast your vote to vote Calum off the island.

Chris