 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2520
Re: My monkey is big.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 05:00:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Trevyn Watson writes:
About 16 1/4 inches long. According to the rules page, it can only be 16
inches long. Do I need to completely redesign it, or will The Powers That
Be (Chris?) be willing to overlook a quarter inch?

Please?
Pretty Please?

Hey Trevyn,

I'll stick in the comment here that no one has ever measured ANYTHING at an
rtlToronto event.  There's no money involved, no national fame at the end,
so I personally wouldn't go out of the way considering it's two days out to
rtl9 and the fact you have to drive in from Ottawa :)

I can't speak for others building for rtl9-we deliberately say decisions are
made as a group to discourage nonconforming entries.  But I think most
people would rather see you bring your entry in and run it versus not
bringing it in at all.

Anyways, if you put it on an angle, you've got a max length of 22.63 inches,
provided the robot isn't larger than the imaginary cube of 16 x 16 inches,
now drawn as a roof and a valley along that plane.

Calum