 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2516
2515  |  2517
Subject:
RIS 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:29:52 GMT

I am thinking within the next 2 to 3 months to buy a RIS 2.0.
I don't exactly know where I'll get it....most likely (much to the shegrin
of Iain / Tony Transcanner) on E-bay.

I won an (e-bay) auction for a Pentium II 266 (Compaq Armada 1700)
I am quite sure it has a single USB slot which would accommodate the
infrared transmitter (USB, not 9pin serial).

Plus it would allow me to field to RCX's, and expand my "limited" technic
collection. (I only have an RIS 1.5, and a Vision Command).
That is my thinking.

Anyways, because of being so busy, and only having a couple Mindstorm/Technic
sets, I won't have an entry in this Robotics competion (rtl 9), but am proud
to volunteer as a "Bash Brother" or as a time keeper or score keeper. :)

yours truly,

Benjamin Medinets