 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2440
Re: Logitech Quickcams under Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:16:13 GMT

Hey.

A question out to all you Logitech QuickCam/VisionCommand users out there in
rtlTorontoland-anyone have the Lego camera running under Windows 2000
Professional SP1?

The Lego unit, which apparently is a Logitech QuickCam Web, freezes the
machine, as does the Logitech branded QuickCam Express I had before.
Machine is a Dell P2/400 440BX, with Intel 82371AB/EB USB controller.  This
problem also occurs on a noname VIA chipset as well.

Is it all Logitech cameras?  Or these two motherboards?  Or Windows 2000 Pro?

Well, I got an email today about using 2000 and the Lego camera and it
reminded me to post about my success:

I got the Lego Mindstorms Vision Command camera to run successfully under
Windows 2000 Server, Service Pack 2, on a Dell Optiplex GX1 P3/450.

Why does it work on this machine at work vs my unit at home?  I don't know.
One possibility is IRQ configuration-my setup at home is quite overloaded
(UW SCSI, MJPEG nonlinear edit card, plus the usual video+sound+networking).
My coworker with the VIA chipset managed to get his QuickCam Express running
under 2000 finally by juggling IRQ assignments.

Calum