 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2420
2419  |  2421
Subject:
Train3 Request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:11:36 GMT

Ok, I have perhaps a not so little request for Train3, so I figured
I'd get it in early in hopes that it might work out.

As most of you know I build 8 wide train cars and I build them long.  At
Train2 I was unable to run my train because there wasn't clearance
around the corners for the engine and cars to make it through.

I've recently built two more passenger cars for this train.  Its
reaching the point where it would be fun to be able to run the train
rather then just look at it.

I was hoping for Train3 we could make the outside loop 8 wide compatible
with my cars.  To this end, I've created a turn clearance diagram to
show safe building space:

The areas in green would be safe to build in.  The height clearance we
used at Train2 was fine, I think it was 15 bricks.

The only other thing is switches would have to use the straight through
direction on the main loop because I don't think I can clear the throw
arm.  But this is the way the outside loop was setup at Train2 anyway.

I know this is a bigger problem for those who built tunnels.  I'm
hoping that I've brought this up soon enough that a modification might
be possible.

Thank you all for considering this.  I hope this doesn't cause too many
problems, but I'll understand if it ends up being too difficult to
implement.

Derek