 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2410
Re: [rtlToronto] Changes to the rtl9 rules page.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 00:25:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:

By the rules, isn't it the first Monkey to touch the last rung that
wins?  In this case the Lego string, with the Lego grappling hook "monkey"
would win as soon as the string touched the last rung.  It wouldn't have to
tug itself along.  It could also fire the string above the ladder so the string
lay across every rung, there by touching every rung.

That's true, I never thought of that one...

But really I don't think we need new rules, I think the spirit covers us, and
if there are problems we can refine the rules for next time.

Yeah, no matter how many more rules we come up with, someone will always
come up with something to circumvent them (as you've suggested above).  I
don't think (or at least I hope not) that someone's going to build something
to "cheat" and then pick about how the rules said it was "legally possible"
and how they should win "nothing", which is effectively all you do win at
rtlToronto events.  Or maybe another way of putting it is, there's no point
in making up rules for people who aren't in it for the technical challenge
anyways.

Calum