 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2237
2236  |  2238
Subject:
my monkey is working, is yours?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:57:07 GMT

Hi everyone,
Just thought you would like to know that my monkey has been working well for
about a week now :) It climbs across my 5 foot ladder quite effortlessly,
and turns itself off at the end. The programming consists of pushing the on
button of the battery box. Thanks to all who so kindly decided to allow my
brainless (no RCX) monkey. Like most mechanisms, my monkey is not 100%
reliable, but its pretty darn good. Just think of all the time I have now to
perfect it... So,

Chris: you can make fun of my *working* monkey all you want, and I will make
fun of your *non-working* monkey all I want.

Jeff: you are right about the rule change. I guess my suggestion put too
many restrictions on the game. As long as we are agreed that driving on top
of the rungs is frowned upon:)

Bruce: thanks for building the ladder accurately. I will try and make my
claws more fault tolerant and forgiving of minor deviations in the rung spacing.

Everyone else: build a monkey! Its fun!

Rob