 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2147
2146  |  2148
Subject:
i write...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:36:35 GMT

Unfortunately I can only post now when I'm at work.  Alas, I haven't figured
out a few things but such is life....

Item 1:

Snowbrick - great idea, for the name as well as an event.  i will conribute
where I can, which is prob'ly both in the Trains and robots...

Item 1a:  Should be in Toronto.  Not to fan the fires that ROC has thinking
that Torontonians think they're the centre of the universe, but, per capita,
there are many active AFOL's in the GTA that want to put this on, and truth
be said, it is rather centralized and 'cost effective' for people to come to
an event in the Big Smoke rather than elsewhere.  In a perfect world I'd
prefer Moncton, Calgary, or Buckingham QB, but alas, not the case.

Item 2:  Ordered my metroliner at Calum's insistence that i'd regret it.
I don't know what it is with these LEGO train people but if the train
doesn't haul Octan tanks or club cars, they are just not terribly enthused.
How many MOCs are non-people-club-car related?  My entire rolling stock
doesn't have one seat for a mini-fig, 'xept engine and caboose.

Item 2a:  Ahhhh, loving the trains....

Item 2b:  it takes a tractor trailler load of bricks to build a mountain.
at this time I am funnelling my resources (time/money/creativity) away from
mountain building back into building rolling stock and buildings.  thus
endeth my Mohammed career, perhaps it will come to me now.

Item 3:  It's a little low on the page, and I'll possibly pose some more
later, but here's the first word of hype for my competition at the next event...

A-Mazing 'Bots!!!!

At rtl9 I'm running a line following maze competition.  Nothing fancy, but
that's the way I wanted it to be to offset the
'boy-my-rcx-has-dents-in-it-from-falling-off-the-rungs' monkey competition.
So at rtl9 there will be 2 events, the Monkey and the Maze.  Build 2 'bots,
do both!!

Item 3a:  I am still attempting to create a monkey 'bot so i haven't given
up technic at all for those of you who were vaguely concerned over my item 2a.

Item 3b:  See rulz and regs for my little competition here:

http://24.141.26.239/rtl0110.htm

Item 4:  So much is posted here that i'd love to personally reply to but
there isn't time so--

Item 4a:  i laughed, i cried, 4.5 stars to all the posts.

Item 5:  Going home now to build a crane for my train.

Item 5a:  I'm a poet and didn't know it.

Item 5b:  Later all.

Stay safe.

Dave